About DLS Counselling
I am Donna Shinkins, a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist and hold 12 years experience of working within mental health.
I offer a safe and supportive space. I empathically listen, gently encourage personal growth and offer guidance during personal explorations.
I am trained in mindfulness for stress and creative therapy studies. Creative therapy can support with expressions of self using the arts and/or as a means to support with experiential learning.
I value myself in offering compassion and sensitivity, kindness and empathy. I provide a level of transparency alongside clear boundaries, encourage personal responsibility and value strong principals of mutuality.
I have a practice based in Shipley where government approved socially distanced meetings can take place, I am also trained to carry out online, video and telephone counselling.
- Years in Practice: 2 Years
- Degree / Diploma: University of Leeds – Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Training: Master of Arts Psychotherapy and Counselling, 2018
- Certificate: NHS – Behavioural Family Work, 2010
- Certificate: Mindfullness for Stress, 2015
- Degree / Diploma: University of Bradford – Bachelor of Arts Creative Therapy Studies, 2006
- BACP (British Association Counselling and Psychotherapy): Individual Member No. 00595206
- Insurance: Holistic Insurance, Gins Limited
- ICO Registered: 1671478